In 1820 distillery owner, Job Loder, built a small chapel on the site of the present Bible Church for the use of all denominations.
On June 13, 1846, Waterford Baptist Church was organized with eight members. Job Loder deeded the chapel and land to the Baptists at that time. Some report that Rev. Porterfield ministered for a few months, though most credit Aaron Slaght as the first minister of Waterford Baptist Church.
In 1877 the present building was erected. The bell was placed in 1882 and the pipe organ was installed in 1892. A new pipe organ replaced it in 1935.
In 1906 two memorial windows were placed in the transepts of the church.
In 1961 the Pursel building was erected. It houses the current Youth Zone ministries.
In 1979 Chimes were installed in the bell tower, and a bus ministry was started.
On January 15, 2017 Waterford Bible Church joined the Associated Gospel Churches of Canada.